When I Struggled to Fit into My New Church

I looked around at the unfamiliar faces in the congregation, and then back to the front of the church, where the pastor had been preaching for 25 minutes already. I had grown up in a church where a sermon was called a homily, and it was 15 minutes at most.

What If My Closest Friends Are Not Christians?

At the moment, I find forming friendships in church quite challenging. Moving to a new city, as well as health issues, is probably part of the reason. I also have trouble connecting deeply with people at church, even though I join small groups, volunteer for service, and participate in church events.

4 Lessons From the Life of a Small Church Pastor

The church I became a Christian in is probably one of the smallest churches in Singapore. I started attending it because the pastor’s wife—who happens to be my husband’s aunt—reached out to me during a period of trials. Through her, I found comfort in God’s Word and a Christian community who really encouraged me.

How Can I Serve With The Right Heart?

At one point in time, I was serving in seven ministries and had five church meetings over a single weekend. I’m not trying to tell you how holy I was. In fact, I’m telling you how foolish I was.

4 Reasons To Consider Serving in Church

“Hi, how are you?”

“Nice to see you today.”

We smile and wave and shake a few hands on our way to our seats for the Sunday morning service. Some of us might even have a cup of coffee with us.