Youth Leadership: Walking in Jesus

By Chris Colgan, Australia Colossians 2:6-7 ESV “Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.” It is difficult to describe people we have just met. We do not know much about them […]

Of Crunchy Pupae, Sore Buttocks, and Salty Anteaters

By Shearn Sya, Malaysia On January 24, 2013, I went on my first ever bona fide mission trip to Sibu, Malaysia. I kept my expectations as low as possible, in keeping with my tendency when it comes to anything I am unfamiliar with. The first longhouse we visited when we arrived at Sibu was only […]

Visible Love

By Ruth Lawrence, UK Did you know that, according to Wikipedia, it was estimated that there would be 2.2 billion Christians worldwide at the turn of the century? This figure equates to about one-third of the world’s population, which is quite a large proportion. Imagine, if all of these 2.2 billion Christians were active conduits […]

How God Saved the Day: A Recount

By Sheryl Tay, Singapore I didn’t go to Cebu with a group of strangers. I know them. In fact, I see them every Sunday. We are in the same cell group. I remember thinking to myself before the trip, Well, I know these people. What can possibly go wrong? But problems did arise. First, my […]

The Gift of Friendship

By Melisa Manampiring, Indonesia In my younger days, I used to be a bookworm. My time was spent mainly in studying, going to school and attending church services. I was dead focused on getting the best grades at school. I was a quiet person and my schoolmates considered me strange. I felt that socializing would […]