Faith

By Bharathy Singaravel, India

“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” —Hebrews 11:1

This verse helped me understand the essence of what faith is. It is in stark contrast with the popular saying that “seeing is believing”—a belief which I have unwittingly adopted.

When I’m faced with difficulties, I would often try to look for a tiny hint of possibility and sometimes I find myself telling God, “Lord if you send me a sign, I’ll believe.”

But real faith is unquestioning trust in God even in the darkest and bleakest moment of our life. It was this faith that brought about the miracles mentioned in the Bible. Jairus’ daughter who was brought back from the dead, Mary’s brother Lazarus who rose from the grave; these are all incidents of human faith and divine power at its best in the worst of situations. Their faith in God was so deep and the power of God was mightily shone forth that even death had to bow in submission.

So faith isn’t simply just believing against all the odds but rather believing that with Christ, all the odds are always on our side. Ask yourself this question and reflect upon your answer, “When I feel I might be losing something precious to me, when everything around me suggests that I will lose it, can I believe even then, that whatever happens is in accordance to God’s plan? And that He is good? ”

I’m still learning this lesson on faith. I’m certainly not there yet. But to grow in my faith, I recognize that I need to grow in my relationship with Jesus. Only when I know Him more could I trust Him more.

Christ is the certainty. He is our hope in whom we can entirely trust upon when the going gets tough.

With Christ in the vessel, we can smile at the storm
Smile at the storm, smile at the storm.
With Christ in the vessel, we can smile at the storm
As we go sailing home.

1. Rosemary wangari
    Rosemary wangari says:

I believe that faith is something that all christians should have in their walk with God.Faith is what strengthens us when we as christians face trials.that is a great message.

2. Priscilla Goy
    Priscilla Goy says:

God’s Word says that without faith, it is *impossible* to please God. We exercise faith when we believe that our prayers are heard by Someone and that we’re not just talking to ourselves; we exercise faith when we believe that our songs of praise and worship serve a higher purpose beyond just making ourselves feel good. Even in the little things, we can exercise faith.

3. Onumaegbu C.I.Paul
    Onumaegbu C.I.Paul says:

THANKS be unto the LORD for this article! God Bless the vessel He has used to unravel this Faith issue.As blood is essential for the vitality of a human being so is Faith ESSENTIAL for a Cordial Relationship between a Christian and the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.TRULY,without Faith it is impossible_ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE_to please God,and to be Pleased by God.The Christian Race Demands one’s Faith from the BEGINNING TO THE END._C.I.Paul,Fedponek,NIGERIA.

4. mirna lucia
    mirna lucia says:

sometimes, feels like.. Jesus far… so far away that i couldn’t reach. when someone that you love never care bout you.. but, your post reminds me, why i still alive in this world. everything because of Jesus. faith, is difficult. but i try and i found something different. just, walk with Him. now i can smile day by day 🙂

5. Christian John
    Christian John says:

I thank GOD for this great piece. Some christians while praying to GOD say for healing would be thinking of the hospital to go to. Others would be thinking of whom to borrow money from even while kneeling down and asking GOD for financial help.

Faith is like: I am going to bed now, and at the same time believing and visualizing what I would do the following day with the power of CHRIST.

6. min xiong
    min xiong says:

John1:12-13
    thank God, pick up a gospel flyer drop on the floor.Saw a brother at mrt, who is happy after receive the flyer from me,God bless

7. min xiong
    min xiong says:

thank God,have give financial advice to a brother while distributing gospel flyers at hospital,may our God Lord Jesus bless him and his mother who is on wheel chair,heal them with your mighty power,your are the God of gods,Lord of lords,King,pray in the name of our Lord Jesus,forgive our sins,Amen

8. min xiong
    min xiong says:

John7:24,9:31,Ephesians4:17-18,19-20,21,24-25
    pray in the name of our Lord Jesus to have a office hour job,rest on saturday and public holidays,able to have enough rest to do God’s work,good working enviroment,colleagues,enough salary to give to needies.Good to plan God’s work,distributing gospel bullentine,join ministry,share gospel and touch people turn to God,seek for His kingdom,His will to come in all works we do,He is God of gods,King of kings,Lord of lords,may words from my mouth and meditation from my heart be acceptable to my God,forgive my sin,praise Him,He is alfa,omega,creator of the universe,amen

9. Catharin
    Catharin says:

I am so impressed! I got moved and touched by each and every word in your article!! Each and every single word you meant it. God Bless You abundantly! I pray that you continue to grow in Christ, our Lord Jesus!!

10. min xiong
    min xiong says:

John10:1,9,Chronicles28:9,19,29:17,18
    Thank God,manage to go interview,offer was given,thinking to accept,long hour duty.Also thank God,donated money to a poor Christian,who play a musical instrument.A cross was drawn on a piece of paper with his problem written,may our Lord Jesus bless him and family,amen.

11. Emmanuel
    Emmanuel says:

Faith is something that we cannot get from others. It can only be developed from within through a good relationship with God!

Blessed are those who believe in His word…!

12. min xiong
    min xiong says:

John5:30,10:10,11:33,Romans7:16,17,19,24,25,8:1,2,12,14,15
    thank God give everybody a chance to commit to Him,is our choice to choose,most important are to know how to draw power from God to win the battle in our daily spiritual life,without God,there is nothing we can do,amen